What We Do
- We facilitate Rites of Passage programs and monthly circles for youth, young adults, and community members.
- We advocate to end mass incarceration, and instead invest in community-based resources focused on education, job training, and mental health that enable everyone to lead healthy and successful lives.
- We work with various agencies, organizations, and philanthropy to train their staff through the auspice of cultural healing and technical assistance.
- We work with youth and young adults who are formerly incarcerated or system impacted to pursue higher education through mentorship and internships that foster their leadership and life-career planning.
- We work inside and outside carceral institutions while breaking the cycle of intergenerational trauma, systemic racism, and mass incarceration.
MILPA offers support to communities of color through:
[fusion_widget type=”WPForms_Widget” wpforms_widget__title=”” wpforms_widget__form_id=”4462″ wpforms_widget__show_title=”on” wpforms_widget__show_desc=”off” hide_on_mobile=”small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility” class=”our-newsletter” id=”” fusion_display_title=”yes” fusion_padding_color=”” fusion_margin=”” fusion_bg_color=”” fusion_bg_radius_size=”” fusion_border_size=”0″ fusion_border_style=”solid” fusion_border_color=”” fusion_divider_color=”” fusion_align=”center” fusion_align_mobile=”center” /]